Paddle holster for concealment

Forum for the discussion of SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP pistol modifications, holsters, and other after-market items.

Paddle holster for concealment

Postby TomVA » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:01 pm

I am searching for a paddle holster for my CPX-2. Knowing me I will carry more often if I can just slip the holster behind my belt rather than have to wear a special belt and thread it through the slots. It also helps to be able to slip it out easily and leave it in the car when entering a restaurant or post office. I'd like something that rides close enough to my body for reasonable concealment under an untucked loose shirt, and does not have a trigger retention strap. Any suggestions are appreciated!

TomVA
TomVA

Re: Paddle holster for concealment

Postby Norman » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:31 am

Tom I bought a "flush fit" IWB from Clinger holsters. Check them out on ebay. They go for 34.99 with free shipping. Also came with small, medium and large spacer to tighten or loosen gun. Great buy. Went to ebay and they are now called stingray. Check them out you wont be sorry.
Hope this helps you out a litte
Norman
Front and back of holster.

Norman

Postby NavyDad89 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:27 am

I carry my CPX-2 in a Fobus TAM holster under an untucked shirt most always.
Retired in Central Florida.

SCCY CPX-2 TTDE - GONE (former truck gun) / Replaced by RUGER LC9S (my new EDC)
RUGER LC9s Pro - (former EDC)
Taurus PT709 slim - (Wife's range and HD gun that replaced a pair of Taurus 38sp revolvers)
NavyDad89

Postby TomVA » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:31 am

Thanks for the suggestions! After researching numerous paddle and OWB two-slot pancake type holsters I ordered the Fobus TAM paddle holster that Navydad recommended. It seems to meet my needs, at least on paper, and I'll report back when I receive it in a week. If not I only lost $25. I avoided the "Roto" version of this holster due to several reports that it sticks out too far.

TomVA
TomVA

Postby NavyDad89 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:53 am

Personally, I agree with your decision on the roto version holster because the first Fobus that I purchased was a roto version for my Taurus model 85 being hard to keep from printing under my untucked shirt. The reason it was ordered was the ability to wear it as a cross draw while driving with the weapon almost horizontal, and for driving situations it is perfect. Any strong side use makes it stand out way to much.

My CPX 2 and my LC9S Pro carry just fine in their standard Fobus paddle holsters.
Retired in Central Florida.

SCCY CPX-2 TTDE - GONE (former truck gun) / Replaced by RUGER LC9S (my new EDC)
RUGER LC9s Pro - (former EDC)
Taurus PT709 slim - (Wife's range and HD gun that replaced a pair of Taurus 38sp revolvers)
NavyDad89

Postby TomVA » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:51 pm

Just received my Fobus paddle holster and love it! It slips easily into my pants and grips my belt from inside with a built-in ledge, holding the holster firmly. I can rotate the paddle somewhat and even slide it from two o'clock to four o'clock. My SCCY is held firmly against my body and locks into the holster with a snap. You need to give it a sharp yank at first to draw the gun, but with a little stretching it pops out pretty easily. I am quite happy with the comfort and quality, and at $25 it's a steal.

TomVA
TomVA

Return to SCCY CPX-1, CPX-2, & CPX-3 Accessories