Storm Trigger Installed- problems incurred.

Forum for the discussion of SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP pistol modifications, holsters, and other after-market items.

Storm Trigger Installed- problems incurred.

Postby thadscottmoore » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:10 pm

received my Storm Trigger in the mail today- installed moments later. Adjusted as described in the instructions and used lock-tight. Very nice change in trigger pull. Tried several snap rounds to test... was very impressed. Took to the range couple hours later- fired 30 rounds and started incurring problems- At first, I thought maybe set screw managed to back out- quick check confirmed screw was not backing out and I tried to adjust to see if change would solve the problem- it only got worse. Returned home- and replaced Galloway Hammer Spring and Storm Trigger with factory original- now, functions as normal again. Fired probably 800-900 rounds with the Galloway Hammer Spring without a problem- then problems as soon after I install the new storm trigger. not sure if the Hammer Spring was the problem- or if the new trigger caused some sort of failure. Going to reinstall the Storm Trigger tomorrow and see if it will work again...
Last edited by thadscottmoore on Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thadscottmoore

Re: Storm Trigger Installed- problems incurred.

Postby thadscottmoore » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:22 pm

ok, I reinstalled my Galloway hammer spring and tested it with the stock trigger- trigger worked flawlessly. Replaced the stock trigger with the Storm Trigger- failure to release hammer- adjusted the screw all the way out and turned it clockwise in 1/4 turn increments testing the trigger and hammer release each turn- ended up fully in and never released the hammer... - reinstalled the stock trigger- works flawlessly again... going to contact Galloway in regards... But before I do- I will test Storm Trigger on my sons stock SCCY CPX2.
thadscottmoore

Postby GoesBang » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:04 pm

I suggest putting a dab of clear nail polish inside the screw cavity once the set scre is adjusted. You can also use blue LocTite on the threads.
SCCY CPX-2-CB s/n 085x (Born on 4/25/13) Receiver replaced 3/14 s/n 129x
Ruger P95PR
Henry Golden Boy H004
Kel-Tec P11/P40
RIA 1911 Tactical FS 45 ACP
RIA M206 38 Special 2"

USMC 1976-79 3rd MAW Camp Pendleton, CA
HTTP://www.X-CalibearUSA.com
GoesBang
Veteran Member

Postby thadscottmoore » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:01 pm

used blue Loc-Tite the first time. set screw did not move.
thadscottmoore

Return to SCCY CPX-1, CPX-2, & CPX-3 Accessories