very highly recommended IWB holster

Forum for the discussion of SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP pistol modifications, holsters, and other after-market items.

Postby alexrckid » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:12 pm

have tried more than one IWB holster for my CPX-1 at various gun shops and gun shows. after looking at some reviews on-line for the GOULD and GOODRICH holster i figured that (for only bout 30 bucks) i'd order one(model B890-G27) from TacticalGear.com. gotta truly say that it fits the CPX extremely well. quality made, as well. the belt clip works great. with other IWB holsters that i've tried were almost impossible to get the clip over the belt/pants for IWB concealment. the GOULD clip goes on rather easy yet retains the holster with total security. even though this model fits some other guns, it's as if it was made expressly got the CPX......
alexrckid

Re: very highly recommended IWB holster

Postby sccytoter » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:40 pm

They do make great holsters, and I'm sure yours is of great quality and fits the SCCY well, but I just can't do IWB. I just can't stand having all that bulk in my waist band. I carry my stuff OWB only, except for my LCP...that ol' girl usually rides in the pocket. :wink:
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby Merc6 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:11 am

sccytoter wrote:They do make great holsters, and I'm sure yours is of great quality and fits the SCCY well, but I just can't do IWB. I just can't stand having all that bulk in my waist band. I carry my stuff OWB only, except for my LCP...that ol' girl usually rides in the pocket. :wink:

That is the difference between Foxx and Alien 3.0 for that reason. Alien has a metal packing that spans the whole holster where Foxx allows the gun to be felt though the holster and hit a pressure point. I could totally sleep with the 3.0 tuck on where Foxx you feel it instantaneously if you decided to lay on that side.
SCCY CPX-2 CB 9MM
*Talon Rubber Black Grip & Mag Extension
*Polished Barrel
*Oversized Frame Pins

SW1911SC E Series 2- Tone .45 Auto
*Polished Barrel
Merc6
Seasoned Member

Postby Thorn » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:47 pm

I did a lot of research for a holster. I went with the Alien Gear Cloak 3.0 IWB and the Alien Gear Cloak Mod OWB combo, $84.36 on my doorstep. I chatted with Jenelle at the site and she is very helpful and quick to reply. Which helped me with my decision. They have a 30 day return policy, full refund minus shipping. I figure i have to get a hoster eventually, might as well start here.

Merry Christmas all.
Thorn

Postby Whitebear620 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:05 pm

I recently switched to appendix carry. Using a holster from Outlaw Holsters:
https://www.amazon.com/Black-Carbon-Con ... cy+holster

I've been wearing it for about a week and it's working very well, the clip holds strong on my pants or athletic shorts, but I may switch it out for soft loops just because I'm nervous that the clip will not hold onto belt that one time when I need it most. Holds my SCCY tight to where it doesn't come out randomly, but the holster doesn't ride up with the pistol during the draw, very smooth with no "click" that I've grown used to with other Kydex. Shipping was super fast, but they and I are both are in FL so it didn't have a long ways to go.
Whitebear620

Postby geraldw321 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:49 am

have tried more than one IWB holster for my CPX-1 at various gun shops and gun shows. after looking at some reviews on-line for the GOULD and GOODRICH holster i figured that (for only bout 30 bucks) i'd order one(model B890-G27) from TacticalGear.com. gotta truly say that it fits the CPX extremely well. quality made, as well. the belt clip works great. with other IWB holsters that i've tried were almost impossible to get the clip over the belt/pants for IWB concealment. the GOULD clip goes on rather easy yet retains the holster with total security. even though this model fits some other guns, it's as if it was made expressly got the CPX......

Hello there

So which model of gun did you get this G&G Holster for? I dont see SCCY listed as a model ?? DID you get one for Glock, taurus, S&W, ???
geraldw321

Postby Lefty Red » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:38 am

G&G has a great rep in the LE community. They are top tier equipment.

I'm lucky enough to have a holster maker (Kydex) I work with and has built majority of my carry holsters. But I have been carrying my CBX2 in a Remora And Superfly until I get my custom one this week.
Also have a minimal/inexpensive Uncle Mike's IWB I have been using the last few days and I like it the best. Suede leather pouch basically with a good clip on it. Can't reholster it, safely, without removing it and putting the weapon back in it but it's for comfort and carry not the range.
Lefty, trying to file taxes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lefty Red
Forum Regular

Postby Lefty Red » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:01 am

geraldw321 wrote:Hello there

So which model of gun did you get this G&G Holster for? I dont see SCCY listed as a model ?? DID you get one for Glock, taurus, S&W, ???

I'm going to say it's the one made for the Baby Glocks (G26/27/33) from the model number. And in my experience, they do seems to fit the CBX very well.

Lefty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lefty Red
Forum Regular

Postby alexrckid » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:59 pm

Hello there

So which model of gun did you get this G&G Holster for? I dont see SCCY listed as a model ?? DID you get one for Glock, taurus, S&W, ???[/quote]

GOULD and GOODRICH model number B890-G27.....from TacticalGear.com....UPC code is 768574198010

this holster absolutely fits like it was made for the CPX only but actually also fits the BERETTA NANO, Glock 26, 27, 33 and 43, S&W MP Shield 9mm/40cal, Taurus PT111, Walther PPS M2......after some weeks now of use(daily IWB/appendix it is working great. very good in all respects..
alexrckid

Return to SCCY CPX-1, CPX-2, & CPX-3 Accessories