Cebeci Arms IWB

Forum for the discussion of SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP pistol modifications, holsters, and other after-market items.

Cebeci Arms IWB

Postby ulpilotrmh » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:23 am

I got this holster a few days ago and here is what I did to gat it to fit my CPX-3. The holster is made with a thick good quality leather but was in need of softening up in order to fit the Sccy. I cut a shallow tray out of the side of a gallon water bottle, placed the holster in it, covered it with Neetsfoot Oil and let it sit overnight. The next day I took it out of the bath, drained off as much oil as I could, wiped it down with paper towels, stuffed it with more paper towels and left it overnight again. The next day I kneaded the holster for a while until I was able to fit the pistol all the way into the holster. Getting the pistol out of the holster was a struggle so I jammed a couple of wide tongue depressors along each side of the barrel and left it overnight again. The pistol now slides out very nicely.
ulpilotrmh

Re: Cebeci Arms IWB

Postby Renaldow » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:38 am

You have a CPX-3?
Renaldow
Forum Regular

Postby ulpilotrmh » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:38 pm

Guess I oughta pay more attention to my typing, it's a CPX-2 of course.
ulpilotrmh

Postby Renaldow » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:22 pm

LOL okay. CPX-3's are a highly anticipated white whale, so I wanted to clarify!

I'm not familiar with Cebeci. For IWB on my CPX-2 I use a DeSantis Sof-tuk. It fits it fine. But with my Bersa Thunder 380 I have a DeSantis Dual Carry II and it was initially too small. I took DeSantis' suggestion to stick the pistol in a dress sock, then insert it into the holster over and over again with a twisting motion. After that, leave it in the sock in the holster over night. The next day the holster fit like a glove.
Renaldow
Forum Regular

Return to SCCY CPX-1, CPX-2, & CPX-3 Accessories