Magazine loader

Forum for the discussion of SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP pistol modifications, holsters, and other after-market items.

Magazine loader

Postby palerider » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:46 pm

I don't like loading magazines, so anythiing that makes it easier I'm all for.  FYI - A loader for a Glock 9mm will work on the Skyy clip.
palerider

Postby sigma_pete » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:58 pm

I still prefer to use the cheap $3 or so all metal mag loader that I picked up a year or two ago from CDNN for my Sig P226 & P229's. It's simple and foolproof, no hinges, levers or parts to break. Until one of my CPX mags got broken in, it was the only way to get the last round loaded.
Sigma_Pete
NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Muzzleloading Rifle Instructor

George Orwell: "That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
sigma_pete
Seasoned Member

Postby amlevin » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:37 pm

Must have been my ROTC training in the '60's that made my thumb strong.  We trained with M-1's and a good powerful (and quick) thumb is essential for loading one of these.

I don't have any issues getting a full 10 rounds in the CPX-1 Mag.   Disassemble every once in a while and clean, then wipe inside and out with a silicone gun rag.  Everything slides easily then.
amlevin
Forum Regular

Postby Hawthorne2k » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:32 pm

sigma_pete wrote:I still prefer to use the cheap $3 or so all metal mag loader that I picked up a year or two ago from CDNN for my Sig P226 & P229's. It's simple and foolproof, no hinges, levers or parts to break. Until one of my CPX mags got broken in, it was the only way to get the last round loaded.
I'll second that. I got one from Bass Pro Shops here this week, and it's made all the difference, especially with my hard-to-load new magazines. Best $4 I spent on the thing!

Speaking of which, what is the capacity of a CPX-1 mag? Is it nine or ten rounds, and is there a down side to stuffing ten rounds into it if it's only meant to be nine?
Todo lo puedo en Cristo que me fortalace.
- Fil. 4:13
www.exurbanleague.com
Hawthorne2k
Seasoned Member

Postby ronlog » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:13 am

The later ones are supposed to be 10 rounds. If you can get 10 in, I don't see a problem. Anyone is free to correct me if I am wrong. I'm sure that is no problem LOL
The second amendment is our first defense.
ronlog
Topic Moderator

Postby Pistol-Packin-Papa » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:28 pm

ronlog wrote:The later ones are supposed to be 10 rounds. If you can get 10 in, I don't see a problem. Anyone is free to correct me if I am wrong. I'm sure that is no problem LOL

The later mags are 10 rounds and made by MecGar. They have Italy stamped on them.
A very wise man once told me... "Never bring a knife to a gunfight, bring a gun or a casket... your choice."

PPP
Sccy (Skyy) CPX-1 1st Gen. SN 002344
An oldie but a goodie...
Pistol-Packin-Papa
Forum Regular

Re: Magazine loader

Postby RadioBob » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:54 pm

Mine is brand new CPX-1 and my magz are CPX, and for this question I loaded one of my magz, and put 10 in, but the 9th and 10th rounds were tough...
RadioBob

Postby GoesBang » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:13 pm

11 in the mag. I use an Uplula.
SCCY CPX-2-CB s/n 085x (Born on 4/25/13) Receiver replaced 3/14 s/n 129x
Ruger P95PR
Henry Golden Boy H004
Kel-Tec P11/P40
RIA 1911 Tactical FS 45 ACP
RIA M206 38 Special 2"

USMC 1976-79 3rd MAW Camp Pendleton, CA
HTTP://www.X-CalibearUSA.com
GoesBang
Veteran Member

Postby TXSCCY » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:26 pm

+1 on the UpLULA. I bought 1 for $25 from eBay 3 years ago and it works great for my 9mm, .40SW, .45ACP mags.
SCCY CPX-1-TT Gen 2
SCCY CPX-2-CB
TXSCCY
Forum Regular

Postby DoulosXristou » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:52 am

Another +1 on the UpLula. I've looked at and seen reviews for (though have not used) other loaders, and UpLula seems to be the best option out there. I saw an interesting DIY loader that worked entirely one-handed on YouTube recently, but it seems the poster has made that vid private now. It was a block of wood with an over-sized cartridge-shaped well carved into it. You'd place a cartridge in the well, then invert the magazine on top of it, then press down and forward and use the edge of the well to slide the cartridge back into the magazine. Seemed to work alright, especially given the cost. Just have to make sure the "well" is wide enough for your magazine to fit in it, and long enough so there is room for the mag lips to get behind the cartridge.
~Chris
"when talking defensive tools/weapons...pretty is as pretty does." ~ Sccy-Captain

Sccy CPX-2TT 092XXX
CZ 75D PCR Compact w/ Factory TruDot Night Sights B4411XX
DoulosXristou
Forum Regular

Postby TechDiver » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:18 pm

DoulosXristou wrote:Another +1 on the UpLula.....

... and another. I just got one about two months ago. Love that thing.
Leave the gun. Take the canoli.
TechDiver
Seasoned Member

Postby 89grand » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:53 pm

The UpLula is the cats ass.

My gun is quite new (test fired in mid 12-13), and I see no evidence it uses the outstanding Mec-Gar magazines. I wish they did, because I wouldn't have had to take both apart to reverse the magazine springs, and both that came with the pistol would have mostly likely worked as opposed to only one of mine being functional. I'm waiting on a replacement mag from Sccy.
I'm a lead farmer mother ******!
89grand
Seasoned Member

Postby Dan13 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:59 am

I too use the uplula to load my CpX mags, using a loader makes it easier to load the 10 rounds ,haven't been able to get an 11th round in either mag.
SCCY CPX-2 CB s/n 107xxx
Born on 10/23/13
Hi point C-9
Phoenix HP-22A
Dan13

Postby Unown » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:41 pm

I got an UPLULA a few weeks ago, I like how quick and easy it makes loading mags not just the CPX but for a couple other pistols that I have. I have noticed that it makes the mags for my SCCY more prone to rattle. If I load by hand the don't rattle as much. I know that it does not make them work any different I just don't like the rattle in the mags. I use it at the range but when I put my defense rounds in I load them by hand and it keeps it down to a minimum. I think that the UPLULA depresses the mag springs so much more that a couple rounds move a little bit when you release the pressure. Some times I can tap the 10 round loaded mags lightly on top or bottom with my hand and sometimes it will stop.
EDC CPX2 CB
DOB: 05/15/2013
We are advised by the present administration to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few.
Unown
Seasoned Member

Postby TXSCCY » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:23 am

One of the mags that came with my CPX-1 rattled when it's fully loaded and not inserted into the gun but it stopped rattling when inserted into the gun. The 2 extra mags I bought from eBay didn't rattle.
SCCY CPX-1-TT Gen 2
SCCY CPX-2-CB
TXSCCY
Forum Regular

Next

Return to SCCY CPX-1, CPX-2, & CPX-3 Accessories