Talon Grips

User Reviews of Shooting Products and Accessories. New holster, mag, gun lubricant, etc... tell us about it!
End User reviews only.

Talon Grips

Postby OneAmericanVet » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:19 pm

Just received my Talon Grips. I odered them for my SW Bodyguard. These grips are really precision made. They fit the handgrip perfectly. There's even a piece for the magazine grip entension. The Mfg recommends using a hair dryer or heat gun to set the adheasive.. but claim they stil can be removed and reused. I use the heat gun.. it shrinks them and removes any bubbles. So installing them was a 10 minute job.

I orderred the gritty ones. Feels really secure in my hand. Not fired with them yet, so maybe a update next week. Photo below..how's that for fast :D

Bob
grip.jpg
Last edited by OneAmericanVet on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bob
SKKYtown
OneAmericanVet

Re: Talon Grips

Postby HootmonSccy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:29 pm

When you do your update, maybe some pictures too?
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby OneAmericanVet » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:03 pm

Photo added to original post.

Bob
Bob
SKKYtown
OneAmericanVet

Postby dlb » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:18 pm

at the moment - doesn't look like they do the SCCY - I sent them a contact request - will post results
=================
Dave
Volusia Co. FL

current:
CPX-2 Black

previous:
Beretta 92-FS
Walther PPK-S
dlb
Veteran Member

Postby dlb » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:37 pm

Well - if nothing else - they are prompt -

got this back in under 15 mins...

We will, but it will be this fall at the absolute earliest. Thanks Dave, and if you can't wait, you can order a piece of our material under the "Extended Magazine Grips" page and cut your own.

Thanks.

Get a Grip!
Mike
Mike@TalonGrips.com

Talon Grips, Inc
PO Box 772275
Steamboat Springs, CO 80477

that said - has anyone looked at both the talon grip and the traction grip? How different are they (The Talon grips appear to be one piece, at least for some of the guns - how does that work?) - any comparative opinions?
=================
Dave
Volusia Co. FL

current:
CPX-2 Black

previous:
Beretta 92-FS
Walther PPK-S
dlb
Veteran Member

Postby OneAmericanVet » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:13 pm

I found the same as you. The Talon Grips on my .380 Bodyguard are great. But purchased the Traction Grips for my SKKY. They are rubberized textuure. After cleaning all surfaces with alchohol, I applied the grips as directed. They don't have the gritty firm feel as the Talon but do feel good. Applying them in pieces vs one wraparound is a no brainer. Easy.

Key to the process is the hair dryer or heat gun. If you have small hands either grip may feel a bit large when applied. I'm happy.. and keep in mind, you can order some random pieces from Talon and mix the two where needed.

One point on the Talon, the grip is like holding sand paper. After 50 or so shots, I took Talon's advice and sanded down the grip just a bit to make them more confortable.. Think of each piece of grit as a parymid with a pointed top, the point hits your hand, remove the point, you still have a firm feel without any irritation when shooting.
Remember, YMMV.

Bob
in SKKY Town
Bob
SKKYtown
OneAmericanVet

Postby ChrisTX » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:43 pm

You can order 9"x33" sheets of that grip tape for $6, then just cut your own. I used to decorate my Vision Gator and Alva Eddie Reategui with this stuff when I was a kid.
ChrisTX
Veteran Member

Postby OneAmericanVet » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:41 am

You have an address where one can order the big sheets?
Bob
SKKYtown
OneAmericanVet

Postby ChrisTX » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:56 am

This is where I got mine.

http://www.daddiesboardshop.com/skatebo ... /grip-tape

I made an actual size template if you need one. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll email it to you. I tried to upload it to a couple sites, but when I print it won't keep the proper size.
ChrisTX
Veteran Member

Return to Product User Reviews