Holster list

Forum for the discussion of SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP pistol modifications, holsters, and other after-market items.

Re: Holster list

Postby HootmonSccy » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:29 pm

wildsailor wrote:Does anyone have any experience with the Shepherd IWB holsters? I found them by doing a search on Amazon and they seem unique as they note they have a horse hide version with an explanation as to why it is better than cow hide.

Cleveland's also make Horse hide holsters... Mine is cow...
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby Pointman10 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:30 pm

Another hybrid option specific to the CPX-1 & CPX-2 is Foxx holsters. www.foxxholsters.com is the web address. I have the Foxx Hybrid holster for another firearm, and just ordered a Little Foxx for my new CPX-1. I prefer IWB carry and am a huge fan of hybrid holsters. My holster of choice is the Crossbreed, and side by side the Foxx is not as good, but it is close and for only $39.00, its a great deal. I will give a report of the Little Foxx when I get it.
Pointman10

Postby scbubba » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:29 am

Anybody on here get an "Insider" holster from FightNGear (http://fightngear.com/theinsider.html)?

I've emailed him and asked about making one for a CPX-1 or CPX-2. He responded and says he has made several holsters for both 1st and 2nd generation Sccy pistols.

$40 for the holster and $10 to ship isn't cheap but he does offer some customization of the holster for free.

Anyone?

- Bubba
scbubba
Forum Regular

Postby blznnp » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:18 pm

Just got my new stealthgearusa IWB holster, fits awesome, feels real good, holds the gun tight to the body. I will try to post some pictures of it tonight. I highly recommend it. It took a little longer to get due to market be being the first cpx holster they have made so my gun was used as a prototype an they also had a gun show they had to get a bunch of holsters ready for. It was definitely worth the wait though. Tyler is a real good guy to work with. HTTP://www.stealthgearusa.com
blznnp

Postby blznnp » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:12 pm

Here are a couple quick pictures of it, I can hardly feel it when its on. The clips on it are adjustable if you want to lower or raise or tilt it. It also comes with a lifetime warranty. Everything is screwed together instead of riveted, that way if you want to take it apart and clean it, you can.
blznnp

Postby ChrisTX » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:07 pm

UM #36 fits like a glove.

ChrisTX
Veteran Member

Postby Yatahey62 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:57 am

In reference to the Fobus holsters the Fobus paddle holster model TA-M fits the SCCY 2nd generation pistols perfectly without any modifications.
Yatahey62

Postby jokers777 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:44 am

I use a remora holster 4art for pocket carry, fits great in front or back pocket with flat mag base. www.remoraholsterstore.com
The U.S. Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people. It is a instrument for the people to restrain their government.
jokers777
Forum Regular

Postby HenryinFlorida » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:27 am

blznnp wrote:Here are a couple quick pictures of it, I can hardly feel it when its on. The clips on it are adjustable if you want to lower or raise or tilt it. It also comes with a lifetime warranty. Everything is screwed together instead of riveted, that way if you want to take it apart and clean it, you can.

Looks nice, but too pricy for me. With this small a gun I find that my cheap Ace Case works just fine, and at 2 for $25 a real value.
HenryinFlorida
Seasoned Member

Postby blznnp » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:43 am

It might be a little pricey, but I definitely got what I paid for. I bought one similar to a Ace Case (one without a extra mag holder), and similar to what ChrisTX posted, and in order for me to get it in a position so it wasn't obvious that I was concealing, it would actually hurt my back (mainly when sitting). With this one having two spots where it attaches to my pants, it really helps the gun stay tight to my body and I can wear it where in a spot that I couldn't wear the other one. Thats just my experience though. I have been wearing it for a few weeks now, everyday all day, no complaints at all. I barely know that its there.
blznnp

Postby dlb » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:11 pm

I just bought the Uncle Mike's IWB #8912-1 size 12 - its an IWB with the extended flap on the skin side to extend to the back of the slide. The fit is just perfect as near as I can tell.

Interestingly, the belt clip has both inner and outer lips at the bottom edge so it will clip both over and under the belt (acts a bit like a J hook). So far I think I like the under belt better - the first time I wore it over the belt, it got almost completely dragged out of my pants by the seatbelt I was removing. This is really my 1st time (1st week) of concealed carry, so I am trying to find just the right spot and to get comfortable with it.

But so far it seems ok.
=================
Dave
Volusia Co. FL

current:
CPX-2 Black

previous:
Beretta 92-FS
Walther PPK-S
dlb
Veteran Member

Postby dlb » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:35 pm

Has anyone tried the desantis tuck this mentioned in the original post?
=================
Dave
Volusia Co. FL

current:
CPX-2 Black

previous:
Beretta 92-FS
Walther PPK-S
dlb
Veteran Member

Postby amiyy4u » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:06 pm

blznnp wrote:Here are a couple quick pictures of it, I can hardly feel it when its on. The clips on it are adjustable if you want to lower or raise or tilt it. It also comes with a lifetime warranty. Everything is screwed together instead of riveted, that way if you want to take it apart and clean it, you can.

Hello, I just bought the CPX-2 today and started looking around for a holster and found this posting. Thanks for starting this thread...it has been really helpful. This stealthgear looks pretty good to me. I am unable to find pictures of someone actually wearing it though. I would like to wear it at 9 o'clock (left-handed of course) and would love to see pictures of it actually on someone (3 o'clock would work). Is anyone aware of any pictures I can see or would you be willing to post any?

For what it's worth, I bought the Bianchi Model 6D Size 10A and the gun fits perfectly in the holster, but it's not comfortable to wear at all. I couldn't find a comfortable position for the holster especially when sitting.
amiyy4u

Postby wrearick » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:50 pm

Okay,
Here is what I came up with as a holster for Open Carry. I really was concerned about weapon retention. I purchased a Blackhawk Serpa Concealment holster. Comes with both the belt clip and a padle attachement and the tilt of the gun can be adjusted to suit preference. I chose the H&K USP Compact model as it fit the best. The trigger guard securly locks in to the holster and will not come out no matter how hard I pull.
IMG_20130407_231749.jpg

However, the gun was a little loose from side to side and could pivot fore and aft around the trigger guard. My wife (know in some circles as Mrs. McGiver) suggested cutting some leather pieces from an old belt and epoxy them in to make a more secure grip. I ended up putting in 5 pieces of leather (marked with red dots). one on each side of the rear of the slide, one beneath the bottom of the trigger guard, and two up near the barrel of the weapon.
IMG_20130407_231813 mod.JPG

There are no issues in drawing or reholstering the weapon and I can run/jump etc. without my SCCY moving except when I want it to. :D
IMG_20130407_231902mod.jpg
wrearick
Veteran Member

Postby Snippy7 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:36 am

wildsailor wrote:Does anyone have any experience with the Shepherd IWB holsters? I found them by doing a search on Amazon and they seem unique as they note they have a horse hide version with an explanation as to why it is better than cow hide. The kydex part is also .093" instead of .062" like many others. $35 for the cow hide or $45 for the horse hide is just a bit over the limit to 'try' one out blind so I was wondering if anyone else has some experience with them. They have CPX-1 and CPX-2 versions so I was surprised they have not been mentioned here yet.

Here is a link to their product page:
http://shop.shepherdholsters.com/Concea ... -mini1.htm

I did find a review on Youtube for a Glock and I would say it was only so-so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwIW2ju6 ... detailpage

I've had the horsehide one for months and LOVE IT! I'm contimplating getting the Cleveland full size rig only for the full size uncut. The holidays weren't good to me, so the butt of the pistol is beginning to annoy my love handles.
Snippy7

PreviousNext

Return to SCCY CPX-1, CPX-2, & CPX-3 Accessories