cpx-3 update -------

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

cpx-3 update -------

Postby frank » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:00 am

in my endless search for another cpx-3 i called the factory and talked to a fellow in support this morning . he told me
cpx-3 production is currently halted due to cnc machinery tolerance issues . even he said there are none out there , so i guess
that explains why -----
frank
Forum Regular

Re: cpx-3 update -------

Postby funflyer » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:50 am

frank wrote:in my endless search for another cpx-3 i called the factory and talked to a fellow in support this morning . he told me
cpx-3 production is currently halted due to cnc machinery tolerance issues . even he said there are none out there , so i guess
that explains why -----

CNC tolerance issue? Give me a break! That's something that can and should be corrected immediately if not sooner. Should've never been mentioned to a customer so now I can only assume they have bigger issues that they don't want to fess up to. I can't help but think SCCY is going to have a huge black eye with this one and will probably fail.

I've been waiting patiently for the CPX3 but have all but given up hope now. This past summer I picked up a S&W Bodyguard for under $200 and just recently got a Remington RM380 for $149 after the $100 rebate. The Remington is of fantastic quality and has an all metal frame. Even the Ruger LCPs range from $169 to just over $200, Beretta the same. Quality and low prices are what SCCY has to compete with now in an already saturated 380 market and I don't think they will have the sales numbers to make the 3 profitable. It lists for $229 so cost to volume retailers should be in the $140 range. This would have made it a contender a few years ago but now, unless SCCY offers some hefty rebates to make the 3 very attractive I don't see many new buyers, and that's only if they can get them to the stores (a big "IF").

I really hope I'm wrong and SCCY comes through but, with the "Saturday Night Special" reputation that their 1 and 2 have gotten lately, I'm not so sure. Only time and a lot of luck will tell now.
funflyer

Postby juror » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:23 am

"I really hope I'm wrong and SCCY comes through but, with the "Saturday Night Special" reputation that their 1 and 2 have gotten lately, I'm not so sure. Only time and a lot of luck will tell now."

I respectfully disagree. Gun snobs see any gun less than $500 as unreliable trash. Forget them.

The CPX 1&2 are made with state-of-the-art processes and backed by an unsurpassed factory warranty; not characteristic of "Saturday Night Specials," I don't care what anybody says.

I will grant you that the CPX3 is ill-fated. Years late being introduced, then seemingly withdrawn is very bad. In a crowded .380 field, the 3 also has to compete with the CPX 1&2 because of similar size and weight. I have an elsie pea for when the CPX2 is too big, not sure what the market for the 3 is supposed to be.
juror
Forum Regular

Postby frank » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:24 am

as a owner and shooter of a CPX-3 ( the only person to have one on this forum evidently ) i can say its accurate , easy to shoot and reliable.
it has low recoil , high mag capacity, and enough size and bulk to make recoil and follow up shots very fast . its a close range social worker
that requires a little practice to master the trigger . it does not impress internet gun fighters or brand snobs . it will kill you just as
dead as any other .380 at close range . i have quite a few small pistols like this ( cpx-2 , keltec p11, kelltec pf9 , cz-82 , polish p64.
makarov , etc .) and its better than most .
the SCCY marketing and advertising campaign is the biggest disaster since the Hindenburg . nor do i understand why the factory seems to have `0` interest in this forum devoted to their products --- i can`t understand what they are doing.
all i know is i want another one . --------------
Attachments
DSCI0472.JPG
frank
Forum Regular

Postby Northwdsnh » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:04 pm

This pistol is a Joke. No other way to put it. They have been hyping it for over a year and a half. Yet you'd have a better chance of getting hit by lightning than actually buying one. I finally bought a KAHR CT-380 6 months ago, and I love it! I wouldn't buy ANY SCCY pistol. Wouldn't trust my life to a company that is this badly run! About to buy a S+W PC Shield 9mm to add to my carry assortment. What a shame. Looks like it would have been a decent carry gun!
Northwdsnh

Postby samwise » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:59 pm

I was thinking of getting the Kahr ct-380 also. Don't know why Sccy is advertising the CX-3 in all the gun magazine if there are none out there.
samwise

Postby wrench459 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:18 pm

?
I've found that holler points needs to travel just under super sonic speeds to fully open up.
Is this possible with short barrel .355 bullets?
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby funflyer » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:54 am

wrench459 wrote:?
I've found that holler points needs to travel just under super sonic speeds to fully open up.
Is this possible with short barrel .355 bullets?

Federal HST does very well. Here's a test using a S&W Bodyguard, 2-3/4" barrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNyxnmgySH4
funflyer

Postby alexrckid » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:31 pm

and, in addition to all this stuff, i've seen basically favorable magazine reviews of the CPX-3 in what seems like at least 5 or 6 magazines. some were comprehensive tests including range time. was even at the 2017 shot show...funny...awhile back spoke with Danice at SCCY. she told me that a bunch were shipped out to two well known distributors.....both distributors told my local gun shops that they never received any CPX-3's from SCCY......ok, so now what............the mags must be wondering too...
alexrckid
Forum Regular

Postby alexrckid » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:06 pm

UPDATE......today, in a sup mkt, saw a brand new copy of Shooting Times(Dec 17-Jan 18 issue) with a great looking CPX-3 with a blue body and silver slide proudly shown on the cover...along with an extensive test inside....they liked it. so, where is it...?????????
alexrckid
Forum Regular

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion