Mag interchangeably

Forum for the discussion of SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP pistol modifications, holsters, and other after-market items.

Mag interchangeably

Postby thejonl » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:23 pm

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum, sorry if this question has already been asked. I'm just wondering if there are any extended magazine options for the cpx 2... Couldn't find any online, looking for a 15 or higher. Also are any other magazines from other manufacturers that will work?
thejonl

Re: Mag interchangeably

Postby HootmonSccy » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:13 pm

Use the search feature..
I'm pretty sure someone figured out another mag fit (S&W I think), but you needed to cut a new Mag Release slot in the mag in a different location..
Like I said, use the search feature, you might find the post.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby GoesBang » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:33 pm

The short answer is no. There a few magazines that are easily converted, but I sell them when I can already converted. I don’t share the how to do it.
SCCY CPX-2-CB
Ruger P95PR
Henry Golden Boy H004
Sig Sauer P226
RIA 1911 Tactical FS 45 ACP
RIA M206 38 Special 2"
RIA M200 38 Special 4”
Taurus PT940
Marlin 336W/989M2/Camp 9

USMC 1976-79 3rd MAW Camp Pendleton, CA
HTTP://www.X-CalibearUSA.com
GoesBang
Veteran Member

Postby t20sl » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:30 pm

You can use a S&W magzine from a 5906. I raised the top of the magazine catch slot on the right side .115" . This takes it from its curret height of .165" to .280". Same size as stock front to rear dimension. I also matched the profile of the angled front where the follower protrudes to the stock SCCY but not sure if that is really required.
t20sl

Postby Geezer » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:16 pm

Just found out today that KelTec P11 mags and SCCY CPX-2 mags will interchange...depending on the magazine base plate.
Geezer

Postby frank » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:39 am

i like the s&w mdl. 59 15 round mags in my keltec p11 . keltec even sold a spacer to take up the space between the base plate and end of the grip.
the p11 is the ``granddaddy `` of the cpx-2 , and was one of the smallest 9mm`s available when it was introduced in 1995 . mine still works good
over 20 years later ----------
frank
Forum Regular

Postby DTnSC » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:23 am

Hi, I’m new to the forum, I’m trying to download a photo, but it says it is to large?
Any heip on how I can do this? Thx.
DTnSC

Postby HootmonSccy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:11 am

DTnSC wrote:Hi, I’m new to the forum, I’m trying to download a photo, but it says it is to large?
Any heip on how I can do this? Thx.

How about starting a new thread instead of bury your request in a long thread on another subject??
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby DTnSC » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:19 am

Thx. I was wanting to comment on this subject with an attachment. I’ll get it figured out.
DTnSC

Postby DTnSC » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:38 am

I found a mag that is interchangeable with a little dremel work on mag lock/drop notch. It needs to be precise though.
I love this little weapon. I now have a very concealable sub-compact with 15 rd’s.
This mag cycles great! Also had to modify the follower slightly to allow slide to lock back. The slide
lock shelf contact is slightly lower in this mag. I made a couple of other mods on this weapon, one that
helps on accuracy and the long trigger pull. The other is a low-ammo alert for the factory mag with
the grip extension. It alerts shooter when 2 rd’s are left in mag. I have a couple of short videos on these. Not sure if this is the topic to share those?
DTnSC

Return to SCCY CPX-1, CPX-2, & CPX-3 Accessories