Good gun, great service

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Good gun, great service

Postby fir2241 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:48 pm

ust joined.
I became the owner of cpx2 recently, took it to the range and gave up after trying
several magazines because of a failure to extract. Called sccy, agreed to ship it to them, my cost, fedex.
This was during christmas holidays. I received the gun back the first week of January, the slide had been rebuilt, with new extractor, ejector, etc. Trigger had been reworked and smooth trigger installed.
Off I went to the range with big grin. However there was no joy as it still failed to extract.
At this time I researched on this forum and read of a member who had same problem,
his cure was to swap the barrel with one from his other good working pistol.
I called sccy this past tuesday, the lady answering the phone was as friendly as the last time. I requested a new barrel, she said sure. Received the barrel today along with pre-paid mailer to send them the old barrel for inspection.
I am one happy camper. The service was great, the pistol works goooood.
fir2241

Re: Good gun, great service

Postby FastEddie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:46 pm

Isn't this the same sad story you already posted? Are you trying to convince us that despite getting a gun that didn't work, sending it back at your own expense, getting it back and it still not working is the best pistol ever and SCCY is a a quality manufacturer? They can't get it right the first time, can't get the repair right, make you pay for it, and wow what a great company!

This is the most bizarre forum ever. Countless people recount tales of multiple problems right out of the box, sending it for repairs and it comes back still broken and sometime worse. Manufacturing problems that appears to have existed for ten years and still not fixed. And those folks can still say "what a great gun".

I think I would rather carry a brick.
FastEddie
Forum Regular

Postby fir2241 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:03 pm

If you don't like the gun, why are you here?
Is your life really that negative?
fir2241

Postby benbai66 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:08 pm

FastEddie wrote:Isn't this the same sad story you already posted? Are you trying to convince us that despite getting a gun that didn't work, sending it back at your own expense, getting it back and it still not working is the best pistol ever and SCCY is a a quality manufacturer? They can't get it right the first time, can't get the repair right, make you pay for it, and wow what a great company!

This is the most bizarre forum ever. Countless people recount tales of multiple problems right out of the box, sending it for repairs and it comes back still broken and sometime worse. Manufacturing problems that appears to have existed for ten years and still not fixed. And those folks can still say "what a great gun".

I think I would rather carry a brick.

i agree 100% , bizarre forum is an understatement . i read the first few lines and when it got to " sent it back at my expense" on a brand new gun with a supposed amazing warranty and i was dumbfounded , not once but twice it wasnt fixed and still preaching the gospel of sccy . WOW
benbai66

Postby benbai66 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:11 pm

fir2241 wrote:If you don't like the gun, why are you here?
Is your life really that negative?

im starting to believe this is a company run forum or something , never saw anything like it .
benbai66

Postby fir2241 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:12 pm

First I never said the gun was new. I traded for it, knowing I was taking a chance since I could not shoot it before taking possession.
I agreed to ship it my cost as sccy had nothing to do with wearing it out. The gun has a pretty low serial # so there is no telling how much use it had gone through, All I know is that I have a solid, dependable gun for less $$ invested than in any of my other guns.
I can't believe that there are people that have nothing better to do than troll forums
and criticize. With your snide remarks, etc. it is plain normal people will have nothing to do with you, hence your lack of a social life.
NO, I do not work for sccy, never heard of them till I was offered the gun.
fir2241

Postby wrench459 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:51 pm

LIMITED WARRANTY STATEMENT
The model CPX firearm has a lifetime warranty and is warranted to be free from
defects in material and workmanship.
SCCY Industries will not be responsible for any defects caused by careless handling,
unauthorized adjustment, modifications, improper ammunition, corrosion, neglect,
abuse, normal wear and tear or any unreasonable use. In the event your firearm
requires service beyond the warranty due to neglect or improper use, SCCY Industries
will contact you and give you an estimate of charges before any work is performed. Any
charges must be paid-in-full before the firearm is shipped back to y
ou.
Any such defects will be remedied by SCCY Industries, pending SCCY Industries
inspection of the entire firearm. Service due to defects in material and/
or workmanship
will be free of charge. Contact the factory at 866-729-7599 and speak with the service
department before shipping your firearm.

:bdh:
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby frank » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:59 am

im starting to believe this is a company run forum or something , never saw anything like it .

if anything i think the opposite is true ---i would like to see the factory take an interest in the forum and that benefit owner
and maker alike . i do think happy owners and shooters far out number the disgruntled ones------------
frank
Forum Regular

Postby Pony Soldier » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:13 pm

REFERENCE - My SCCY CPX 2 - serial number 149xxx after about 18 months of ownership and range practice (Purchased July 2014) a problem.
I thought I had only ONE problem - When the frame cracked on my CPX 2 - that is when I contacted SCCY and sent it in on their dime to have it fixed under their "Lifetime Warranty". When returned to me, not only a new frame but also (EXTRACTOR REPLACED & NEW RECOIL ROD AND SPRING).
Playing dumb, I e-mailed SCCY about 3 weeks later and asked if any modifications would be required on pistols with serial numbers between 130xxx and 150xxx.
They responded yes - 'New extractor and recoil rod and spring', please contact and arrange to return to us.
Just a question - Has anyone of us ever been NOTIFIED by SCCY that an element of your pistol is in need of upgrade/update? If not, why not?
Since I had no "Factory Recall" notice with regards to make me aware of 'THESE' conditions........................
Pony Soldier
Seasoned Member

Postby wrench459 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:21 pm

Pony Soldier wrote:..
Just a question - Has anyone of us ever been NOTIFIED by SCCY that an element of your pistol is in need of upgrade/update? If not, why not?
Since I had no "Factory Recall" notice with regards to make me aware of 'THESE' conditions........................

the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby juror » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:47 am

Pony Soldier wrote:REFERENCE - My SCCY CPX 2 - serial number 149xxx after about 18 months of ownership and range practice (Purchased July 2014) a problem.
I thought I had only ONE problem - When the frame cracked on my CPX 2 - that is when I contacted SCCY and sent it in on their dime to have it fixed under their "Lifetime Warranty". When returned to me, not only a new frame but also (EXTRACTOR REPLACED & NEW RECOIL ROD AND SPRING).
Playing dumb, I e-mailed SCCY about 3 weeks later and asked if any modifications would be required on pistols with serial numbers between 130xxx and 150xxx.
They responded yes - 'New extractor and recoil rod and spring', please contact and arrange to return to us.

=========

"I e-mailed SCCY about 3 weeks later and asked if any modifications would be required on pistols with serial numbers between 130xxx and 150xxx. "

What does "would be required on pistols with serial numbers between 130xxx and 150xxx" mean? Why would anyone with a perfectly functioning pistol want to replace the extractor and recoil rod and spring? This is not a safety recall. You need to post your email to SCCY and their reply, otherwise this looks fishy.
juror
Forum Regular

Postby economod » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:08 am

juror wrote:What does "would be required on pistols with serial numbers between 130xxx and 150xxx" mean? Why would anyone with a perfectly functioning pistol want to replace the extractor and recoil rod and spring? This is not a safety recall. You need to post your email to SCCY and their reply, otherwise this looks fishy.

Just because it came back from a factory repair, doesn't mean it was a perfectly functioning pistol.
Sccy decided (not the customer) that extra parts were required, beyond the initial cracked frame repair.
Not for a safety recall, but for un-announced parts redesigns / batch revisions, involving any cpx parts.
May seem a broad question to ask sccy, but that's how they roll ... they manufacture & revise on the fly.

More frustrating, is how they've made the same gun since 2010, without resolve to its recurring problems.
A lot has changed since 130xxx-150xxx, but unfortunately a lot has remained the same.
Perhaps their new plant will be the catalyst they need to spark innovation and improve quality management.

Any recent news about sccy's move to Tennessee?
Last I heard (Apr-2017), they expected to be operational in the first half of 2018.
Last edited by economod on Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
9mm Ammo Length . SCCY Wooden Shims . CPX2 Replaced-Sold
VOTE! "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that." MLK Jr. 1957
POTUS:
Illiterate Conman, Incompetent Cheat, Arrogant Lying Thief, Inhumane Racist, Crabby 72yo Brat
economod
Veteran Member

Postby Pony Soldier » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:27 pm

juror wrote:
What does "would be required on pistols with serial numbers between 130xxx and 150xxx" mean? Why would anyone with a perfectly functioning pistol want to replace the extractor and recoil rod and spring? This is not a safety recall. You need to post your email to SCCY and their reply, otherwise this looks fishy.
And I reply;
My innocent inquiry was a process of obtaining additional voluntered information from the source directly related to the pistol. It's just something this former LEO from Philadelphia used to determine the status of the firearm in my possession. Nothing fishy at all, just making myself aware of updates, improvements and any need to return the pistol to take advantage of such. Your firearm may function in an acceptable manner but why not make yourself aware of improvements
you are entitled to under a "LIFETIME WARRANTY" to ensure reliable function and your continued total satisfaction without having a surprise in the future.
Pony Soldier
Seasoned Member

Postby wrench459 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:55 pm

I think that the problem is the difference between gen 1 and gen 2 pistols.
If you want to upgrade to gen 2 specs there might be a charge to your back pocket...IIRC ~140 bananas.
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby robho40 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:00 pm

I bought the CPX-2 from CTD a couple of months ago.
I shot it 1 time at my local outdoor rage. it shot fine until after 60 rds it became unusable.
I checked and found the magazine catch spring had fallen out and could not be found. The gun would no longer hold the magazine!
I have been in touch with SCCY Co. service department many times for almost 2 months and cannot get this issue resolved.
There is no nearby Fedex or UPS store in my city that will handle firearms so I do not want to go that route by sending it in for warranty!
I simply asked SCCY Service to send me a new spring and I would install it myself.
They refused as they have a policy (STUPID) of sending such a spring only to a FFL dealer. The BATF doesn'y care about springs. This is probably a $0.10 item!
Anyhow I asked SCCY to send it to my local dealer right before I went on Holiday 2 week vacation. They said they would. They lied. I just contacted the dealer and they have not received it.
This SCCY Service is horrible!!
Do not buy any pistol from them as I found out this pistol spring problem has been going on for years and has not been resolved.
I will be buying a new Ruger EC-9 compact pistol to replace it, which will be of much better quality and does the basics......like retaining a loaded magazine!
robho40

Next

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion