Any thoughts on this? M&P380 Shield!

For the general discussion of firearms other than those made by Sccy Industries or under the former name, Skyy Industries.

Any thoughts on this? M&P380 Shield!

Postby samwise » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:31 pm

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articl ... ez-pistol/

I have already spent my money I saved for a CPX-3 on a new in the box Kahr CT380, ($260). This looks like a winner to me, I guess I'll save up for that because it will probably be available before the CPX-3. :P I should have the Kahr in a few days, let everyone know how it shoots! :D
samwise

Re: Any thoughts on this? M&P380 Shield!

Postby frank » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:55 am

congrats on your kahr -i bet it will work well . i like the looks of this new smith . i have a shield and a full sized m& p ,both of which are excellent pistols . the full sized m & p is my favorite polymer striker fired gun . not being a internet `gun fighter / operator ` i like the safety's on
this new one . my brother has a .45 caliber hole in his bedroom wall to show how safe a glock 36 is with one in the pipe is ( his fault -but it happens so quick and easy ) . i really don`t trust myself with any striker fired gun with no safety for concealed carry iwb ,prefer cz 75 single action /double action hammer fired guns . no concerns with my cpx-2 or cpx-3 in this regard and thats one of the main reasons i bought them --
. please do a range report on your kahr .
frank
Forum Regular

Postby samwise » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:26 pm

P1130177e.JPG

Yes, it came today. Can't wait to get to the range. :D The slide is hard to rack like other Kahr's I've handled. I now have four different 380's to play with! :lol:
samwise

Postby samwise » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:40 pm

Looks like Sportsman Outdoors is taking preorders. :shock:
https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore ... /ID/203838
samwise

Postby Mark38090 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:46 pm

I just don't see the need for a full size 380. Seems that 9mm ammo is cheaper and more easily accessible it just losing the appeal.
Mark38090
Seasoned Member

Postby frank » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:39 pm

i think this is a very `niche ` pistol . it`s easy rack slide , larger easy to handle size , and low recoil cartridge make it work for
people with limited hand strength .( older folks ,maybe some women ) its not necessarily a concealed carry piece . a mid sized .380 is very controllable for multiple shots. i ve been shooting my russian makarov and sccy cpx-3 .380 `s lately ,and they seem quite capable for self
defense ------------
frank
Forum Regular

Postby usturbine » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:26 pm

It is a little big for my purpose of pocket carry on quick trips to the store our on my motorcycle?

I purchased the CT380 in December and went thru some growing pains but have now got them worked out and I love this little gun? Glad I went with the CT380 instead of the CW now. I was suppose to get the CW but the guy gave me the wrong gun and I didn't catch it was a CT until I got it registered and was looking it over and noticed the CT on the barrel. It has very little muzzle flip in my opinion probably because of the longer barrel? Make sure you visit the Kahr site and read there new gun break in instructions!! I had numerous FTF and FTE with each magazine in the fist 150 rounds and was getting discouraged until I found the Kahr site. Here is the link http://www.kahrtalk.com/forum.php. Here is the link to the new kahr prep http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php? ... a-new-kahr. After I read that and did a through cleaning of the gun and did the hand rack of the slide about 600 times I have shot about 250 rounds of my relaods, WWB, and 25 rounds of Hornady 380 XTP thru it without one FTF or FTE and at 20-25 feet is pretty damn accurate? Good luck with it. Oh yes I do have a CPX2 that enjoy shooting and is in my EDC rotation>
usturbine

Postby samwise » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:59 pm

Thanks for the links. I hope to get to shoot it next week, I have reloaded a hundred rounds to start the break-in. :D
samwise

Postby sccytoter » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:58 pm

samwise wrote:https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2018/2/5/smith-wesson-introduces-mp380-shield-ez-pistol/

I have already spent my money I saved for a CPX-3 on a new in the box Kahr CT380, ($260). This looks like a winner to me, I guess I'll save up for that because it will probably be available before the CPX-3. :P I should have the Kahr in a few days, let everyone know how it shoots! :D

I have been looking hard for the CPX-3, but damned if I can find one around any of our stores. :?
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Return to Other Firearms